Forest Health Day 2022
Join Scottish Forestry’s Tree Health Team on 20th January 2023 for a free day of talks and discussions on the latest tree pests and diseases. Find out the latest research from Forest Research scientists and different approaches to forest pest and disease management. The event will be held online using Microsoft Teams and will be split into two sessions from 10-12 am and 1-3 pm.
Please register for the event on Eventbrite at https://SF-Forest-Health-Day.eventbrite.co.uk
The morning session will feature:
- an introduction from Gerry Saddler, the Chief Plant Health Officer for Scotland
- talks from Forest Research scientists on the latest spruce bark beetle research and recent pest and disease findings in Scotland submitted by citizen scientists
- an overview of research projects funded by ActionOak
Presentations in the afternoon will consider:
- first hand experiences detecting tree pests and diseases from the Scottish Forestry Tree Health Officers
- results of Phytophthora ramorum monitoring from 2022
- reflections from the industry about managing outbreaks of ramorum disease
The full programme of talks will be sent beforehand to registered attendees who are welcome to join us for the full day or drop in and out of the sessions.
You can keep up with Scottish Forestry’s event posts over on their social media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.